A community leader empowering people to achieve fulfilling lives.
We urgently need your help now to support Afghan Evacuees coming to Western Massachusetts!
Jewish Family Service of Western Massachusetts provides exceptional social services, grounded in Jewish values, to support individuals and families from diverse religious, cultural and economic backgrounds.
Our programs strengthen our community by strengthening the individual–from resettling refugee families, to supporting New Americans to become self-sufficient, counseling young adults through life’s transitions, equipping older adults to age well, protecting elders from abuse, leading caregiver support groups, and helping individuals enhance their Jewish connections.
Enriching the quality of life for individuals in the Jewish community of Western Massachusetts.
Serving the unique needs of older adults, their families, and/or caregivers.
Supporting individual and family resilience.
Helping refugees resettle and thrive in our community.
Citizenship & Immigration
Assisting immigrants and refugees to become US Citizens.
Engaging community members, offering internships, and placement for AmeriCorps staff, to help our newest neighbors succeed.
Help Us Prepare to Meet the Needs of Afghan Evacuees!
All over the country, refugee resettlement agencies are beginning to welcome Afghan evacuees, many of whom are arriving little other than the clothing on their backs. Close to 1600 Afghans will be resettled in the State of Massachusetts. Here at JFS we are expecting to receive 150 evacuees, including a group of 60 who will resettle in Pittsfield.
Evacuees will need our immediate help with housing, food, and employment. We are mobilizing to meet the need – and we need you to join us as volunteers, donors, organizers, and advocates – to make sure they are resettled with compassion, resources, and a path to carve out a future here in Western Mass.
Please help us welcome Afghan Evacuees by making a generous donation to JFS. Your donations will go directly to assist Afghan evacuees joining our community.
JFS Distributed COVID Relief Funds to 148 Immigrant Households
Psycho-Social Support Group for Nepali-Speaking Bhutanese Community Helps Foster Connections
JFS Offers a Free Tag Sale for Refugee Families
How You Can Help
Help Welcome Afghan Evacuees
- Help us fill our storerooms by purchasing items from our WISHLIST. Please designate delivery to JFS, 15 Lenox Street, Springfield, MA 01108, and add a gift receipt so that we can thank you! If you have any questions, contact Evan Bixby at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (413) 737-2601.
- Housing is a primary focus. We are looking for affordable apartments, Airbnb or vacation homes, accessory dwelling units, and are even considering hosts that are willing to cohost a family in their homes.
- Volunteer to help evacuees and SIVs successfully acclimate to their new community. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out an application here.
- Welcome Afghans as a Faith-Based Group or Team. Host Organization Support Teams (HOSTs) organize to welcome and support newly arrived Afghan evacuees. To learn more, click here.
- We are seeking pro bono legal assistance to help our new clients become asylees.
- Help us expand our outreach to potential donors. Direct your neighbors and friends looking for ways to respond to the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan to our website, and share our Facebook posts.