Help Welcome Refugees
Welcoming the Stranger
Experience the JOY of helping a refugee family start a new life on the path to independence when you:
- Donate household goods
- Mobilize your congregation and community
- Sponsor an individual family
- Educate and advocate
- Organize a fundraising or goods drive (contact us to find out what we need)
What We Need
NEW or GENTLY-USED Household Items
- unopened toiletries for men and women
- laundry detergent
- all-purpose household cleaning supplies
- new boxes of diapers of all sizes
- sanitary pads for people with periods
At this point (April 2021), we are not accepting
- clothing for men, women, or children
Mobilize your family, friends, faith community or school to pack a welcome kit for a newly arriving family. Click on the below kits for flyer with items needed and instructions.
Questions? Please call 413-737-2601.
JFS has been a leader in refugee resettlement since 1927 . Refugees add a richness and vibrancy to our community. We are excited for you to join us in welcoming newcomers.
Volunteering at JFS has been an amazing experience. I am part of a great community and enjoy helping out in any way I can!
Monich Long, longtime In-Kind Donations Assistance JFS Volunteer